NBC News has earned its reputation as America's broadcast news leader with national and international coverage stretching back to the beginning of the medium.
NBC News Archives provides instant access to decades of history. Our footage illuminates events and lifestyles; our journalism brings topical news to life, and our in-depth interviews showcase newsmakers, athletes, and entertainers. Search our website, or contact one of our expert researchers, to find what you need - on time and on budget.
Get acquainted with our content, including:
- MEET THE PRESS: Since 1948, THE source for interviews with a veritable who's who of national and international newsmakers.
- THE TODAY SHOW: America's window on the world for almost 60 years. Since 1952, TODAY focuses on life's full spectrum, including wars, politics, discoveries, fashion trends, achievements, medical breakthroughs, human interest stories, and more.
- NBC NIGHTLY NEWS: A tradition that began in 1948, with John Cameron Swayze, and continued with anchors Huntley and Brinkley, John Chancellor, and Tom Brokaw, all covering significant events of the day. NBC NIGHTLY NEWS WITH BRIAN WILLIAMS continues and enriches that tradition, with comprehensive reports on breaking news and the latest developments in our evolving world.
The NBC Sports collection provides access to iconic athletes and some of the most-watched events in sports. Through this exciting collection, producers have access to broadcast event content, including entire games.
- 25 years of the French Open: McEnroe, Agassi, Chang, Nadal, Federer, Roddick. Navratilova, Graf, Evert, Sharapova, and Venus and Serena Williams.
- The Beijing Olympic Games: Opening and Closing ceremonies, Michael Phelps, Shawn Johnson, USA Men’s and Women’s Beach Volleyball, USA Men’s and Women’s Basketball, host city and countries scenics.
- Kentucky Derby and Preakness Stakes: 2008 winner Big Brown, Barbaro’s 2006 Kentucky Derby win by 6 lengths.
- Action Sports including the Gravity Games, Alli Dew Tour and Alli Winter Dew Tour: Tony Hawk, Dave Mirra, Shawn White.
- Notre Dame home football since 1991: Coach Lou Holtz, Raghib “Rocket” Ismail, Charlie Weis and Brady Quinn
- College bowl games spanning 40 years: Rose Bowl, Orange Bowl and Fiesta Bowl, College stars Dan Marino, Marcus Allen, Warren Moon and Jim Plunkett
- Celebrity and Father-Son Golf Championships: Jack Nicklaus, Arnold Palmer, Michael Jordan and Tony Romo
- National Heads-Up Poker Championship: Our annual poker tournament held in the United States and produced by the NBC television network. It is a $20,000 "buy-in" invitation-only tournament organized as a series of one-on-one games of no limit Texas hold 'em matches. The participants include many of the world's best poker players.
Graphics that have set NBC Universal brand apart from the rest with a new and now look. Animations that tell the story when video can't. Our team has designed the stunning visuals that showcase NBC News, MSNBC, CNBC, NBC Olympics and NBC Sports programming, along with smart phone apps and educational services.
- The Rachel Maddow Show
- Sony Concert Promotions
- Today Show
- Nightly News
- Scarborough Country
- MSNBC Doc Block
- Superbowl XLII
- KNBC: Show Business
- MSNBC Adventurer
- WS With JR
- Lipstick Jungle
- Morning Joe
- NYC Traffic Cam
The Library's NBC Collection contains 150,000 sixteen-inch lacquer discs which date from the early days of the network to the 1980's. While the bulk of the NBC broadcasts at the Library were recorded following the network's establishment of its Electrical Transcription Service in 1935, the collections also contain a large number (nearly 200) of scarce earlier recordings, most of which were recorded by NBC's parent company, RCA. These early discs were recorded with cumbersome equipment that yielded shorter and noisier recordings than those that could be produced after the invention of the lacquer disc in 1934. Equipped with the new recording equipment, NBC started recording many of its own programs, sporadically at first and with increasing frequency as the decade proceeded. From 1935 to 1939, the number of annually recorded programs, retained in the NBC archive, jumps from 661 to 3007. The majority of these recordings are of programs originating from New York. NBC's Chicago and Hollywood bureaus maintained their own recording archives which were never incorporated within the network's primary, New York-based archive, now in the Library.
Following Pearl Harbor, the number of recorded programs in the archive soars. Peaking in 1944, the inventory for that year lists nearly 9,000 programs—many, of course, news broadcasts. In addition to documenting the course of events, the wartime recordings provide vivid testimony of NBC's dedication to the war effort and compelling evidence of how Americans coped with the crisis.
Universal Studios Stock Footage collection is a compendium of raw footage from some of Hollywood’s most memorable and iconic movie moments.
Our stock images range widely in content from landmarks and skylines from around the world, establishing shots of everyday life, industry, transportation, fires, crashes and explosions, conceptual close-ups, nature and animals, fashion and culture, to futuristic and historical period pieces.
Find amazing stock footage to enhance your production available at your fingertips for purchase and download online!
Universal Studios is pleased to provide business to business broadcast film clips and still licensing for your creative projects.
Get instant access to Universal Studios' massive library of properties. From Crockett and Tubbs to Douglas and Donahue, this is your one stop shop for licensing film and television show titles.
Access the wealth of entertainment television clips from NBC, SyFy, USA, Bravo and Oxygen programs that are produced and/or owned by Bravo, Oxygen, NBC Studios, current produced by Universal Network Television. This is must see TV!
NBCU Photo Bank presents an extraordinary collection of current and archival photos not available from any other source in the world.
High quality, exclusive entertainment photos of major celebrities, news personalities and events, past and present, are waiting for you at NBCUPhotoBank.com. Visit our website to obtain decades worth of compelling images. Everything from real-time nightly coverage of "The Tonight Show with Jay Leno", photos of recent "Today Show" and "Inside The Actor's Studio" interviews, hit series like "Heroes," the "Law & Order" franchise, "BattleStar Gallactica", "Will & Grace," "Friends," and "Seinfeld" to historical images of the star studded productions staged by Bob Hope, Jack Benny or Jack Paar are yours to license.
Also available is a unique selection of behind-the-scenes coverage from television shows including a rare collection of images depicting television production sets, locations and various details (i.e.-props, wardrobe, set dressing, etc.)
The recently launched NBC NewsWire is a unique offering of news photos created by NBC News staff from around the world. Whether drawn from the U.S. political stage or the war-torn and strife ravaged regions of the globe, revealing and relevant photos of people, places and events will be available to you through the NBC Newswire.
Search on our website to access our best images quickly and easily. Our search function is simple to use and comprehensive in nature. Lightbox technology enables you to save and share image selections for multi-user review. Image download is quick and enabled from any stage of the search process.
Also available is a unique selection of behind-the-scenes coverage from decades of television show productions and a rare collection of images depicting television sets, locations and production details (i.e.-props, wardrobe, set dressing, etc.)
NBCU Photo Bank Licensing Sales team
Whatever the scope of your NBCU photo needs, our Licensing Sales team is ready to accommodate you with simplified access, delivery and licensing terms. Customized licensing offerings such as subscription-based relationships, master publishing agreements or bulk offerings are available. Also, to acquire the perfect photo for your commercial product or campaign, contact a Sales Representative who will deliver the image to you and provide assistance in obtaining necessary usage rights and clearances.
Photo Requests and Research
Our Sales Representatives will be happy to aid you in finding the photo you need on our site. When the NBC Universal photograph you need cannot be found on the nbcuphotobank.com site, our skilled licensing sales staff will respond to your request quickly and search either our offline analog or digital collections. Take advantage of the NBCUPhotoBank.com automated online Photo Request function to find the specific image you want.